By: McKayla Butcher
21 Perfect Mom Quotes Every Pregnant Mom Needs to Hear to Make It Through the Third Trimester
While every parenting journey is different, there are also a lot of aspects of motherhood that we can all agree on. We can all relate to one another in some way because we all know what it’s like to feel a mother’s love, as well as go through the suffering required to become a mother. And that’s why these are the perfect mom quotes every pregnant mom needs to hear to make it through the third trimester!
1. “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty” -Unknown
A mother’s love is not comparable to any other love you’ve ever felt. So when you experience that love for the first time, it makes your heart feel so full, but you didn’t realize it wasn’t full before.
And if you ever lost that love, you would feel so empty. You cannot go back to how it was before you felt that love for your baby.
2. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” -Art Williams
Nothing, not a single thing about motherhood is easy. And yet, I don’t know a single mother who would give it all up. No matter how hard it gets.
Here’s a list of 13 Movies That Every Mother Should Watch! They describe motherhood so perfectly, and it can be a fun glimpse of what’s to come!
3. “Pregnancy feels like an endless wait, but once your little one is here it is a life of endless love.” -Unknown
Pregnancy can feel like a literal eternity. And the further along you are, the longer it feels. But one thing for sure is that it will come to an end. And when you have your baby, you get to experience a new kind of love that you will never be able to get enough of.
4. “Every month has an average of 30 days, except the last month of pregnancy, which has approximately 1,330 days.” -Unknown
It really does feel like it’s never going to end. Sleeping sucks. Eating sucks. You can’t get comfortable. You just want it to be over already! And at the same time, you’re anxious for the big day. Talk about an emotional roller coaster!
5. “How far along am I? If I drop something it’s gone forever. That’s how far.” -Unknown
People who have not been pregnant will never understand the struggle. No more picking things up, no more tying your own shoes, no more shaving below the waist!
It’s amazing or bodies can grow so much, so quickly. And then shrink back down fairly fast as well.
6. “Expecting a baby is just the beginning, there are so many precious moments to look forward to as your baby grows.” -Unknown
When you’re pregnant, you really have no idea how great motherhood is going to be.
You know it’s going to be the best thing ever, but you don’t know just how heartwarming every single milestone and memory will be. For the rest of your life! It doesn’t get any less amazing as your child grows.
7. “Just knowing you are going to meet your little baby, the love of your life, make all the waiting, all the worry, all the labor pain, and all the unknown worth it.’‘ -Unknown
No matter how miserable childbirth may be, you will never meet a mom who says that it wasn’t all worth it in the end.
And even more proof of this is that so many moms decide to have more kids! So motherhood is obviously worth all of the struggles that come along with it or we would not be having any more after the first!
8. “You are proof that love before sight does exist.” -Araceli M. Ream
You hear so much about love at first sight, but you don’t hear a lot about loving a person before you’ve ever even met them. Motherhood is the one exception that you are able to know, without a doubt, that you love someone without even knowing what they are going to look like.
9. “From the moment I know you were growing inside me, I have loved you.” -Unknown
It’s truly amazing that you can love this little being, who is the size of a grape, wholeheartedly and unconditionally. It doesn’t matter how hard your pregnancy is, what your baby will look like, nothing matters. Your love is never changing.
10. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” -Rajneesh
This is such an amazing realization. You are being born too! You need guidance, support, love, just like your baby does. You will be confused, and anxious, and stressed, just like your baby. You are in this together!
11. “Making the decision to have a child — it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body” -Elizabeth Stone
It’s such a vulnerable thing, to be a mom. Because your heart is so tied to your child, that their heartbreak is your heartbreak. Their suffering is your suffering. You shared your body with your baby for so long, and now you share your heart with them as well.
12. “There is no greater feeling than hearing that first cry after your baby is born. That feeling of relief that they are okay and that everything that you just went through was all worth it.” -Unknown
This is a feeling that is unexplainable to someone who hasn’t gone through it. That couple of seconds after you give birth until your baby cries, feels like a lifetime.
Time stands still, you don’t hear anything else, or see anything else. The world around you freezes like you’re in a movie. And as soon as your baby cries, it all comes rushing back in. It’s truly unbelievable.
13. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, savings smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” -Unknown
After having a baby, nothing is the same! Your every thought changes, your lifestyle changes, your goals and ambitions, every single thing changes. And it’s all for the better.
One struggle that many women go through is maintaining a healthy pregnancy. If this is something you want to prioritize, check out this article on Healthy Weight Gain During Pregnancy!
14. “My sweet child, I have carried you for every second of your life, and now I will love you for every second of mine.” -Unknown
It’s stressful to know that someone relies on you fully for existence. Without you they will die. But with great reliance comes a great bond, unlike any other. And that’s what makes the love between mother and child so special.
15. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” – Benjamin Spock
While it can be scary, it’s typically best that we trust our gut. Even when we feel lost or clueless, our intuition is still very valid, and probably right. And especially when it comes to parenting!
16. “There is nothing quite like that perfect moment when your holding your baby in your arms and realize you would do absolutely anything for them.” -Unknown
A mother’s love is so selfless, so unconditional, and so perfect. And no matter what happens, we know that we would do anything for our children. Without hesitation. It’s truly amazing.
17. “Sometimes you don’t realize what is missing in your life until it arrives.” -Araceli M. Ream
This couldn’t be more true when it comes to motherhood. Because if you have never experienced the joy of motherhood, you won’t realize just how life-changing and magical it can be.
18. “And suddenly, you were my everything.” -Unknown
It takes less than a second from when you give birth until you realize that your baby is your everything. They make you happy, they make you anxious, and they complete you now. Once you’ve had a child, your life would feel empty without them.
19. “You never understand life until it grows inside of you.” -Sandra C. Kassis
To say your perspective changes after you have kids is an understatement. The way you think, the way you act, the way you speak… everything changes. Children impact us greatly, and it’s always for the better. Having a child inspires you to be the best version of yourself. What a gift.
20. “When a baby is born a life of endless possibilities lays ahead.” -Unknown
As you watch your baby grow every day, you always wonder what they’re going to be like when they grow up? What is their occupation going to be? What will they accomplish in their life? And it’s going to happen because you gave them life. You started a life of endless possibilities. How incredible is that?
21. “Pregnancy is the only time when you can do nothing at all and still be productive.” -Evan Esar
When you’re sleeping, when you’re eating, when you’re sitting in the bath… your body is creating life! And boy is it exhausting. There’s a reason you’re tired all the time when you’re pregnant. It’s because your body is hard at work trying to grow a baby. The hardest job of all!
What did you think of these pregnancy quotes?
We thought it was the perfect list of mom quotes every pregnant mom needs to hear to make it through the third trimester. Are there any quotes you would add to this list? What did you do to make it through your pregnancy? Let us know in the comments!