Dawn Michelle Hardy, a.k.a., The Literary Lobbyist, is highly knowledgeable about what it takes to get content published. Her title of “Literary Lobbyist,” was granted to her by EBONY during the years she worked for the publication and is well earned for the time she spent helping new authors break into the literary field. In this article, the award winning publicist and literary agent offers insanely powerful advice on how bloggers can successfully become writers and how to effectively turn their blog content into book material. Dawn’s points for success include following the 80/20 rule, moving from journaling to prescribing and writing a business proposal.
The 80/20 rule refers to how editors want 80% of what is not already on the blog and only 20% of what is. Editors are more interested in getting out never before seen content, than the stuff that is already free and easily accessible. Moving from journaling to prescribing involves switching to a format that allows your audience to learn from your experience. Lastly, writing a business proposal is exactly what it sounds like. A blogger turning writer will need a proposal and also need to draft a few chapters as a writing sample or provide a concept inspired by their blog. Following these insanely powerful tips should help any blogger get on track to getting published.
- ⭐All Categories on Christine Michel Carter’s Blog⭐
- Distance Learning: Parental Resources & Advice
- How Women Can Improve Their Time Management During the Pandemic
- Why We Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day: How to Explain the Holiday to Kids
- A New Brand Strategy for 2020 and Beyond: The Importance of Leadership, Purpose, and People
- Global Status of Working Moms in the Wake of COVID-19
- Progressive Mental Health Options
- Institutional Racism: What It Is, Why It Persists, and What You Can Do About It
- Mommy and Me: Ways to Involve Your Children in Your Business
- Cloffice: At Home Closet/Office Design and Decor
- Working Americans and Adoption