Hi! I’m Christine Michel Carter, author, speaker, multicultural marketing strategist, and the #1 global voice for working moms. I’ve written two books: MOM AF and Can Mommy Go To Work?. I’ve interviewed several celebrity moms, including former Senator and the first female Vice President of the United States Kamala Harris, Tina Knowles-Lawson, Tamera Mowry, Kristin Cavallari, and La La Anthony.
As a single working mom to a nine-year-old and five-year-old, I’m pressed for time. Though I wish I had more energy to do all the fun activities in the world with my children, I don’t. Or, when I find the energy on a slow Friday at work, I only have a little bit of time in between meetings- maybe three minutes tops- to do an activity! Even worse, when I have both the time and energy, that’s when my kids are playing on their iPad or are captivated by a TV show… and don’t want me around!
So, I created a way to bond with the kids in record time, when both of us are otherwise preoccupied. Sometimes both we and our kids need a break from one another. It allows me to do a craft with them (without them even realizing it) and ask them a question about their day. And the biggest bonus, it’s an edible activity so we can eat the craft afterwards! I found the quickest activity working moms can do with their children at home in between conference calls and during commercial breaks:
We draw with an edible marker on white fudge-covered Oreos.
We draw funny faces on them, emojis, write words, or what we’re thinking at that moment. It takes no more time than a few minutes to do, but it’s a creative and expressive way to connect with my children as a working mom.
I hope you enjoyed the quickest activity working moms can do with their children at home in between conference calls and during commercial breaks!
- If I Were Hiring A Keynote Speaker For Working Moms In My Office, This Is What I Would Ask
- Description Of Christine’s Keynote Speaker Programming
- ⭐All Categories⭐
- Mental Health Resources for Working Moms
- Homeschooling Resources for Parents
- Understanding The Reopening Of The Paycheck Protection Program
- Only 1 In 3 Managers Check Their Black Female Employees’ Well-Being, New Study Shows
- What Moms Raising Generation Alpha Kids Should Be On The Lookout For
- Four More Global Working Moms You Should Be Following
- How COVID-19 Impacted Divorce For Working Moms
- How To Respectfully Address Parents In The Workplace
- Three Global Working Moms You Should Be Following
- How Women Can Improve Their Time Management During the Pandemic