How To Shine Your Light?
By: Diana Tenes
When will enough be enough!? I’m here to say you are enough! You are more than enough!
Stop living your life based on other’s expectations of you. Easy to say right? If only women made as much as men. If only your kids, co-workers, friends, and husband would learn to mind you at least half the time. If only. Stop living for them. Be true to yourself. I’m here to show you how.
Why are you enough?
- Because you are doing the very best that you can.
- Because you had a mother and father that wanted you enough to have you.
- Because no matter where you were born or where you live now does not equate to your value.
- Because no matter how much or how little education you have – you are valuable.
- You are worthy because you are you, not because of what somebody says about you.
- You are valuable because of all your good, and bad experiences.
- You are valuable because of all the good and bad decisions you have made.
- You are valuable.
- You are beautiful because of what you do and what you haven’t done.
- You are beautiful without makeup, special clothes, jewelry, plastic surgery.
- You are beautiful because you reflect your mother and your father and your ancestors.
- You are beautiful because you have survived.
- You are beautiful because you are human and a woman.
- You are beautiful because you breathe.
- You are wonderful because you cook or you don’t cook.
- You are fabulous because you’ve had kids or haven’t had them.
- You are a great person whether you have countless grandchildren or you have none.
- Your skin tone is gorgeous because it suits you perfectly and you are perfect.
- You are perfect the way you are, lumps, bumps, hair no hair, and everything.
Your shining light is recognizing, affirming, acknowledging everything you have experienced, proud of or not. By doing this you accept yourself one hundred percent. Your light switches on and you are free to stand in the truth of who you are: Past, Present, and Future.
You have nothing to hide and no one to hide from. You don’t have to hide from your partner, kids, family, friends, coworkers. Take the time to acknowledge your past and present your future will welcome you into its light.
Simple daily ways to shine your light:
1. Stretch your golden wings, welcome the day – You are a goddess
2. Remind yourself you are doing your best and you are enough
2. Eat as much fresh fruit and vegetables as you can
3. Look for the good things, notice them, take them in
4. Find a reason to smile, Cry when you need to cry
5. Let go of negative thoughts, people
6. Recognize that you don’t have all the answers and if someone does run
7. Take a breath, soak your feet, give yourself a manicure
Diana Tenes is a thought leader in Health, Wellness, and Entertainment. As a Children/Family entertainer and creator for over thirty years, she has targeted ways to help yourself, children, friends, and strangers stay positive and connect meaningfully. She’s an Actress, Make-up Artist, and Costume Designer for Film/TV. She has written, produced, directed Children’s Theatre. She’s a poet in several anthologies, authored a book on shopping sustainably “90% OFF Every Day!”, created a card game that creates happy moments “Get Your Happy!”.Diana’s been in The Wall Street Journal “Fashions New Tour Guides Offer Insider’s Perspective” and SF Gate.com