Age of Enlightenment. Christine Michel Carter asks the question of whether or not there is a specific age at which people reach their peak of social consciousness. Instead, maybe history repeats itself, generation after generation?
There are arguments that some Black millennials are part of generation Me, neglecting their communities. Christine, declares, however, that compared to their revolutionary ancestors, this larger generation is just as cultivated.
Christine discusses how in 1966, a then 24-year-old Huey P. Newton and 30-year-old Bobby Seale formed the Black Panther Party. They were members of the Silent Generation, but today, at their age, they would be millennials.
Christine asserts that today the average Black millennial is in their mid-twenties. Just like in 1966, Black people are the largest racial minority in The United States.
The majority of Black millennials advocate for the same social issues as the Black Panther Party. Such issues include hunger, gender equality, and healthcare.
When comparing all generations in The United States, millennials and the Silent Generation share the most similarities. They both seek achievement, purpose, status, and power.
The Black millennial generation, according to Christine Michel Carter, are integral to our age of enlightenment.
Check out the full infographic on the Huffington Post. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/infographic-the-age-of-en_b_10926156?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANZxPFmlguI_vZfUddxSbdtEXAKTzRMhjs5-s4fANSJCiNu1HbcgNVWzquD_e_lnaiSYpU6glM5seLxtHmy96Q6fcc4NO4OGmVvpnzlZsqna8r1lWlrbQyP2HZ_NxbS7_3AQwKc3IA1Q6D4DC6Av2n_mXkNmx0OOt0LZMOU7niwV
For more information on this generation of Black millennials, check out this other article by Christine Michel Carter.https://christinemichelcarter.com/trump-no-chance-in-hell-with-black-millennial-women/
- ⭐All Categories⭐
- Description Of Christine’s Keynote Speaker Programming
- If I Were Hiring A Keynote Speaker For Working Moms In My Office, This Is What I Would Ask
- 10 Fast-Growing Careers for Remote Jobs for Working Moms and Mompreneurs in 2021
- Why Black Professionals Should Create A Personal Brand Or Moonlight As An Influencer
- How Think Tanks Are Expanding to Welcome The Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs
- Is Your Add Racially Insensitive? Entrepreneurs Can Learn From Missteps by Gap, Dove and H&M
- Trump: No Chance In Hell With Black Millennial Women
- I Celebrated Black History Month… By Finding Out I Was White
- Can You Make a Black Girl Feel Pretty? The Lesson I learned